Bingo and Board Game Night, Fall 2016
Cedar Lane's Board of Trustees serves the congregation by setting the strategic vision of our liberal religious community. This vision supports our mission: To explore the eternal, to nurture community, and to build a more just world.
What does the Board do?
In coordination with the ministers, staff, lay leadership, committees and members, the Board:
- Sets policy and delegates operating authority to the senior minister, as head of staff.
- Oversees and evaluates Cedar Lane's operations and programs.
- Approves the operating and capital budgets.
- Determines the disposition of income from the Endowment Fund.
- Shares and embodies Cedar Lane's mission and vision
We want to hear from you!
The Board represents the congregation, and it is very important to us that we hear the questions, concerns and ideas you have. We have a variety of ways to connect with the Board:
- Talk to one of us after a service – we're easy to spot, we wear blue name tags
- Drop a note in our mailbox in the office's reception area
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How are Board members chosen?
Board members are nominated by the Nominating Committee. Each year the congregation votes on the nominations, electing new Board members to replace those leaving after their term. The Board elects its own chair.
Members who are interested in serving on the Board of Trustees are encouraged to connect with the Nominating Committee to discuss their interest and the expectations of serving on the Board. Please contact Marilyn Hathaway, chair, Nominating Committee, at email@example.com.
|Jim Anderson, Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||2018|
|Carol Bertaut, Treasureremail@example.com||2018|
|Greg Falcigno, Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||2018|
|Ellen Kelley, Assistant Treasureremail@example.com||2019|
|Rebecca Nachtrieb, Assistant Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||2019|
|Gail Riley, President-Electemail@example.com||2019|
|Abhi Janamanchi, Senior Ministerfirstname.lastname@example.org||--|
|Katie Romano Griffin, Assistant Ministeremail@example.com||--|
|Sara Deshler, Executive Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||--|