You don’t see sawdust and scaffolding yet, but work to improve our building to better nurture our Cedar Lane community and make it more accessible to all our members and visitors is well underway.
Since January, 2019 the Renovation Task Force has been working with Ritter Norton Architects to refine the conceptual plan shown during the initial capital campaign, and with Whitener Jackson, general contractor, to fine tune cost estimates. During this time many of our lay leaders, dedicated staff and stakeholders have provided input as the concept evolved into the renovation plan the congregation will vote on in November, 2019.
Renovation Will Bring to Cedar Lane:
- Inspiring worship space with better acoustics and state-of-the-art A/V capabilities
- Whole building fully accessible on all 3 levels, including choir loft
- Spacious, beautiful social hall for dinners, receptions, workshops and special events
- Increased revenue from building rental for weddings, special events
- Clarity of circulation -- all paths from main entry are clear
- Fresh warm and welcoming presence overall
How to Find Out More
Pick up an illustrated Renovation Plan Information Sheet at the Renovation Task Force table in the Lounge on Sundays or view it here. Watch the weekly eNews and this website for future cottage meetings as design development takes place during Winter and Spring, 2020.
You can also email the Renovation Task Force with questions: email@example.com.
- Congregational Meeting, Sunday, November 3, 2019 to vote on proceeding with the renovation.
- Fall, 2019. Ritter Norton Architects begins design development, followed by construction drawings. 6-8 months.
- Spring, 2020. Permitting and approvals by Montgomery County. 3-4 months.
- Fall, 2020. Begin construction. 10 - 12 months
- Fall, 2021. Complete construction, re-dedication.
Watch this space for ongoing renovation news.