March 25, 2020
We are committed to using reason and compassion in responding to this health crisis. We are also committed to connecting the community in deeper and richer ways. Here are some updates and resources for you to be aware of:
- If you are at home, consider catching the service via livestream at 11 am and engage through the YouTube Live Chat.
Our religious community is needed now more than ever. Please consider maintaining or increasing your pledge.
Religious Education (Children &Youth)
All of these events will be held at https://zoom.us/my/cedarlanefamily unless otherwise indicated
Every Weekday, Monday-Friday – 8-9am – Parent/Caregiver Coffee Hour, open drop in
Mondays 11am-12pm, Craft Time with Stephanie!
Mondays, 2pm-3pm- Family Yoga Time with Katrina!
Tuesdays at 11am - Story Time with Isabel!
Tuesdays 7pm-8:30pm - Middle and High Youth Check In with Tim and Tiffany
Wednesdays 2pm-3pm - Craft Time with Stephanie!
Wednesdays 5:30pm-6:30pm – Family Chapel with Tim and Jenny
Thursdays at 11am – Story Time with Isabel!
Thursdays 5pm-6pm- Family Yoga Time with Katrina!
Thursdays, 6:30pm-8pm - High School Youth Group with Tiffany and Hannah
Fridays, 4pm-5pm – Family Sing-A-Long Time with Jenny!
Fridays, 6:30pm-8pm - Middle School Youth Group with Tiffany and Tim
Saturdays, 1pm – Netflix Party for Kids (Via netflixparty.com)
Sundays – Morning Program
--9:30am-10:30am - Family Check In and Social Hour
--11am-noon - Worship (on our youtube page)
--1pm-2pm - Programming for Children and Youth
Sunday, 6pm Start: Netflix Party for Youth (via netflixparty.com)
Religious Education (Adults)
Connect. Engage. Enrich.
Each weekday from 12-1 we are offering a "Lunch Hour Power Hour." Each day will be a drop in program that is first focused on connecting with each other, with a dash of faith development and religious education worked in.
Mondays: Music Mondays
So many of us find inspiration through music. Join Jenny Lyn from our choir as we share pieces of music we find to be meaningful or inspirational during the time. After each piece, we will reflect on the pieces together and have a discussion about any feelings, thoughts, or emotions that arise. Feel free to bring your favorite pieces (from a youtube link to a song you’re able to play on your computer).
Zoom location: https://zoom.us/j/549749869 Meeting ID 549-749-869 One tap mobile +19292056099,,549749869# US (New York)
Tuesdays: Thoughtful Tuesdays
Have a poem that you love? A short reading that calls to you during the time? Come and share those thoughtful written works on Tuesdays with Fran Pflieger! We will have a time to just be with each other and check in with each, and we also will share some of our favorite pieces, reflect on and then discuss the pieces! Feel free to bring some pieces you love, and feel free to just attend and have your spirit be recharged!
Zoom location: https://zoom.us/j/783348299 Meeting ID: 783 348 299 One tap mobile +19292056099,,783348299# US (New York)
Wednesdays: Meditation with the Ministers
Each week one of our ministers will be holding an online pastoral check in and shared guided meditation. Join us from 12-1 (or 8-9pm if you can’t make the 12-1 session!)
Thursdays: Story Time for Elders
Each week Tim will present a fairy tale specifically written for elders/adults, followed by a short reflection on the story. Then we will discuss what we thought of the story as we share our own stories with each other.
Zoom location: https://zoom.us/j/351583814 Meeting ID: 351 583 814 One tap mobile +19292056099,,351583814# US (New York)
Fridays: Faith Forward Fridays
Each week, we will learn about a new spiritual practice using our Faith Forward spiritual practices curriculum. Each week will be a different spiritual practice! Although this is geared towards folks learning these spiritual practices, folks of all levels of experience are welcome!
Zoom location: https://zoom.us/j/664981263 Meeting ID: 664 981 263 One tap mobile +19292056099,,664981263# US (New York)
- Montgomery County has set up a resource page for assistance.
- This can be an isolating time for many people. If you are healthy and not in a high risk group, consider reaching out to by phone or email to your fellow Cedar Laners and friends, especially those who are at higher risk from COVID-19 or who might need some extra assistance at this time.
- With the help of the Pastoral Care Team, Ministry Team Leaders, Membership Engagement, The Alliance, and Family Ministry teams, we are reaching out to members who are vulnerable and most at risk during this time.
- If you are in need of pastoral or spiritual care, please contact one of the ministers or the pastoral visitors team at: 301-493-8300 ext 208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to send a prayer request to be held during the week by our ministers and pastoral visitors, or to request a call from one of our pastoral visitors.
Here are some ways to stay healthy:
- Wash hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing (disposing of them frequently), or sneeze into your sleeve elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces including door handles, work surfaces, sinks, etc.
- Keep your immune systems strong by sleeping, eating, and exercising.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a sick family member. Consult with your physician to determine when it’s safe to be with other people
- Keep yourselves fully informed about the most recent developments. Here are a few places where you can get updated information:
- CDC: www.coronavirus.gov
- Montgomery County: www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/Coronavirus.html
Our Sanctuary for Rosa efforts will continue with some modifications; Sanctuary volunteers will hear directly from the Sanctuary Leadership Team.
We will continue to provide you with updates about Cedar Lane’s Coronavirus response.
Let us continue loving and caring for ourselves and each other, as we hold those who are directly impacted in our thoughts and prayers.
In faith and love,
Rev. Abhi Janamanchi, Rev. Katie Romano Griffin, Tim Atkins, Jen Morley, Dr. Henry Sgrecci
Your Senior Staff Team