The theme for 2019 Capital Pride is shhhOUT: Past, Present & Proud. This year’s theme reflects how far the community has come ever since the Stonewall uprising in 1969.
DC will celebrate gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans, and intersexual people from May 31 to June 9. The Annual Pride Parade will take place on Saturday, June 8 (starting at 4:30 pm): the Annual Pride Street Festival (including the Annual Pride Concert) will take place on June 9.
About the Pride Street Festival:
Join the LGBTQ+ community, on America’s Mainstreet, historic Pennsylvania Avenue, for the Capital Pride Festival in the Nation’s Capital, presented by Live! Casino & Hotel. Enjoy a full day of entertainment, music, food, drink, education, and celebration. The Pride Festival includes three stages of national and local talent, and will host 300 exhibitors including local community groups and businesses, food vendors, and organizations looking to promote their products and services to our community. Engage, learn, and celebrate with the many diverse organizations that represent…us.
This family friendly event is FREE and open to the public.
Other Pride Events in DC
- Youth Pride Day, 4 May – Presented by the Youth Pride Alliance & Damien Ministries in partnership with SMYAL
- Silver Pride, 10 May – Produced by Whitman-Walker Health with IONA Senior Services, AARP, the LGBTQ Aging Services Network, and CPA
- Capital Trans Pride, 17-19 May – Produced by the Capital Pride Alliance
- DC Black Pride, 24-27 May – Produced by the Center for Black Equity
- DC Latinx Pride, 1, 2, 5, & 6 June– Produced by the Latino GLBT History Project (LHP)
- API Pride, Date TBD – Produced by the Capital Pride Alliance, in collaboration with Asian and Pacific Islander Queers United for Action (AQUA D.C.), Asian Pacific Islander Queer Society (APIQS), KhushDC, and Korean Queer & Transgender Association of DC (KQTDC)