Many of us have seen the news stories about Montgomery County police targeting people of color. This includes: 1) questioning a black child about counterfeit money, which was obviously play money; 2) searching and racially insulting four black men while they waited for a ride to work; and 3) killing Robert Lawrence White, who was walking at night, carrying no weapon, and committing no crime.
You can help make Montgomery County safer for everyone. Come to the Police Accountability Workshop, co-sponsored by our Together Diversity Team, and Silver Spring Justice Coalition. If you want to know about:
- Updates about police accountability in Montgomery County
- Information about how state legislation impacts county law
- How you can have a voice about police accountability…
…join us Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 6:30 – 9 pm. This workshop is off-site. Come to the Silver Spring Civic Center, Spring Room, 1 Veterans Plaza, Silver Spring, MD.
- Carlean Ponder from Silver Spring Justice Coalition
- Will Jawando, Montgomery County Council Member At-Large
- Maryland State Delegate Erek Barron