- Chalice House
It is a big step we, as Cedar Laners, made when we voted to become a physical sanctuary. Rosa Gutierrez Lopez has been with us for over a year, and her 3 children now make Cedar Lane their home, too. Providing a comfortable and safe environment for this family takes the combined efforts of 250 volunteers - half are from Cedar Lane and half from affiliated congregations and groups, along with individuals who are independently drawn to this effort. We need your help.
Details of volunteering:
- Large variety of jobs available (e.g. picking up groceries, overnight companion, etc.)
- Low time commitment options available
- The only job which requires Spanish is translating/interpreting.
- In order to volunteer for Sanctuary for Rosa, you must sign-up online for a volunteer training. Training sessions are held in a small group setting where you can meet several of our leaders and other potential volunteers, and have a chance to get your questions answered.
Upcoming training dates
- Sun, March 8, 2:30 - 5 pm, Chalice House
- Th, March 12, 6:30 - 9 pm, Chalice House
- Th, April 2, 6:30 - 9 pm, Chalice House
- Sat, April 18, 8:30 - 11 am, Chalice House
- Sun, May 3, 2:30 - 5 pm, Chalice House
- Welcome by Rosa
- Overview of Sanctuary for Rosa at Cedar Lane and immigrant justice campaigns regionally
- How Sanctuary is organized at Cedar Lane
- What's expected of volunteers including Background Check and personal recommendation
- Next steps prior to serving
Donate to Sanctuary
Donations to Cedar Lane’s Sanctuary fund are needed and much appreciated. To donate, click https://secure.accessacs.com/access/oglogin.aspx?sn=142271&f=4 and select “Sanctuary Support” in the drop-down menu.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-493-8300 and leave a message.
Thank you in advance for your continuing support!