"Lord knows it's a pity
Mankind has been so programmed
That they don't care about nothin'
That has to do with care
Full song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLn3FT9BsRs
Miss Nina Simone, with her earthshaking voice and presence, covered this song originally written by George Harrison about the breakup of the Beatles. Simone breathes another life into these words, however. She crescendos into a global cry, a lament of disillusionment particularly with the civil rights movement.
- Is there a song, movie, poem, or painting you associate with trying times?
- Can you think of other art that speaks about our need for love, care, and self-care?
- How is your spirit these days?
- How are you taking care of yourself?
- What are your self-care practices?
- What are the challenges that keep you from caring for yourself?
Join us on Sunday, Feb 10, 12:30 pm for a self-care themed brunch!
We will be ordering pizza like last time. If you would like to bring something to supplement, please feel free to do so. Childcare will be available upon request. Please contact Intern Minister Christin Green ASAP if you have any special needs or requests at email@example.com.