Our vision of a transformed space more conducive to nurturing community is on its way to becoming a reality. The Renovation Task Force will soon be moving into the “design development” phase, following a positive vote at the November 3 Congregational Meeting.
The renovation will provide us with:
- A more sacred feel to our beautiful Sanctuary, plus state-of-the-art AV and acoustics.
- An expanded Social Hall that can seat 180 for dinner, host receptions, events like Holiday Craft Day -- and generate revenue for our operating budget!
- A real elevator that will serve all three levels, making the entire building fully accessible to everyone.
- A gracious, more welcoming entry area, where stairs to the lower level will be easily seen
- New bathrooms accessible to all.
We could be putting shovels into ground a year from now, if every member and friend pitches in financially to make it happen. Thanks to the generosity of nearly 40% of the congregation, we have nearly $4.1 million in gifts, pledges, bequests, and intended bequests. But we want 100% of us to take part in this momentous undertaking. We’re aiming to raise another $1.2m to enable the entire renovation to take place in one construction season, avoiding a costly and messy second stage later.
If you have not yet made a capital pledge, you’ll soon receive a mailing with Capital Campaign information and a pledge card. Please make as generous a pledge as you are able. And if you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the Renovation Task Force will be in touch with you. You are also welcome to review our Capital Campaign pledge FAQs.
Curious about the plans? More info is available online, frequently on Sunday mornings during coffee hour, or feel free to email the Renovation Task Force: email@example.com.