Welcome to Cedar Lane, a place where you will be welcomed regardless of your age, religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status. A place where you can grow spiritually, morally, and intellectually. A religious community where your children will grow up to be spiritually grounded, emotionally mature, socially involved world citizens. A place whose spiritual tradition teaches that everyone has inherent worth and dignity - no exceptions.
How can you tell whether Cedar Lane is the right place for you?
- Join us for a Sunday worship service
- Join us for coffee hour after worship
- Ask our Sunday Greeters a lot of questions
- Sign-up to receive our eNews
- Stop by the Library on the first Sunday of the month from 10:15 to 10:50 am for Chat with a Minister
- Attend a Faith Forward: Seekers or Roots class
- Meet with a minister in person or chat on the phone
- Sign-up for a Soul Circle small group to build connections & engage with the monthly spiritual theme
- Better yet, visit several times and really get to know us. We may be the spiritual home you have been searching for all along.
EXPLORE OUR Newcomers MINISTRIES
Want to chat with a minister about Cedar Lane? About the Unitarian Universalist faith? Join us for an informal, drop-in style chat with one of our ministers on the first Sunday of each month, October 2019 through June 2020.
Visitors, newcomers, and new members are invited to participate in the Seekers Series – the first step on our Faith Forward Path. The Seekers Series meets at 9:30 am on Sunday mornings in the Beacon Room. It is a series of 6 conversations that offer a general introduction to our congregation and Unitarian Universalism. The series is ongoing, so you are welcome to participate in the sessions in any order, as you’re able.
Cedar Lane centers our worship life on a timeless spiritual theme each month (e.g. Intention or Wholeness.) Part of our thematic ministry includes our Soul Circles. Participants gather monthly for opening/closing words, personal check-in, and engagement with the monthly spiritual theme. These groups are a great way to connect with other members of Cedar Lane, whether you're a newcomer or a long-time member.
This short celebration invites those of you who have recently signed the membership book or are ready to sign the book, to come before the congregation during worship and share a responsive reading with the congregation as we officially invite you into the community. If you are interested, please email Sara Davidson (contact info below).
At the end of each church year, we gather to celebrate those that have joined us over the course of the church year. We'll meet after the 12 pm worship service for brunch at Cedar Lane member and Membership Engagement Ministry Team member Maryann Dillon's house, close to the church. Date to come for 2020!